Sunday, July 29, 2007

WE INTERRUPT THIS FRENCH VACATION…


Sorry to interrupt the travel log but I’m happy to report that this weekend I completed the foreword, tweaked the introductory chapter so it almost meets with my approval and finished Chapter 6, which I had abandoned when I flew off to Paris.

Although this Delaware shore cottage is only about 14 years old, it looks as if it has been home to generations of beach goers thanks to a host of old pine and oak furniture and carefully selected vintage accessories and collectibles.

Despite the impressive wood pieces the look is light and airy. All the walls, fabrics and decorative touches are shades of warm whites, ivory and cream.

Note the faux drapery valance. Pairs of narrow fabric tie-backs are sewn together, knotted on the ends and tied to the wooden curtain ring to create top interest. Nice detail!

***** BLOG DU JOUR *****
For great style and do-able decorating advice you’ll want to visit http://jackiebluehome.blogspot.com

Jackie is one of my dear e-friends and a fellow author at Gibbs Smith. Her book, The Design Directory of Window Treatments, will be published next month and it’s sure to be a best seller!

Visit her blog now and see “how she spent her weekend.” Her transformation of ordinary corkboards is beyond amazing!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The cottage looks lovely. You can practically smell the sea air and that's saying a lot as I am sitting in the middle of the desert in Las Vegas and it's 115 degrees outside. I can't wait to see more of it in your book.

I'm glad you liked my cork boards. I am still picking the hot glue off my fingers!

Cathy said...

I love the freshness and crisp white feel of this gorgeous bedroom. Love the curtains and the bedlinens. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the bedroom! And thanks for the link to your friends wonderful blog, I'm sure I will stop by for frequent visits. Creativity abounds in Blogland!

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

You have a beautiful blog-can't wait to check out some of the sites you have listed as favourites!

PAT said...

Barbara...my previous monitor "died" just before Christmas 2006. I've been using one from the junk room at J's work, since then. Today, I bought a BIG monitor and so happy I did. Now I can enjoy all these wonderful cottages in wide screen!

Pat

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, I'm in paradise!! I just found your blog. I've read your magazines from cover to cover for literally years and I always found your editorial comments to be so interesting. This is too good to be true. Thanks for sharing. Rachel