Tuesday, May 19, 2009

BOATS AND PLANES

It’s been a while, 19 days to be precise, since I’ve had a chance to post. Getting ready for my book to be released requires much more work than I imagined. I never got around to posting my photos from "my day as an extra" on Emeril’s Planet Green show. It’s being filmed in a Whole Foods store in Virginia. Click the Plant Green link above for lots of great recipes. The crew wasn't sure when the episode will be on TV.

I’d hoped to get my new web site up and running by now but… you know how that goes. Thanks for being patient. It’s a lot closer now to launching.

Amazon raised their price for copies of Waterside Cottages to $19.80 plus postage and handling (after getting a call from my publisher informing them that they had the wrong price of my book). Although they still have an edge because they get a discount for shipping in bulk, I feel a bit better.
After getting prices from Fed Ex, UPS and the Post Office for shipping my slightly over two-pound book (US Mail won) and ordering large envelopes (who knew padded envelopes cost so much?), I’ll be selling the book for $26 (this includes all mailing costs).
And I’ll be happy to autograph and inscribe books with personal messages in case you’d like to give the books as hostess, housewarming or birthday gifts.
In case you’ve been wondering what any of this has to do with boats and planes, I’ll share an e-mail that I received from Lisa, my editor at Gibbs Smith.

Hi Barbara and Dan, I just wanted to let you know that I just reviewed an advance copy of Waterside Cottages. It looks so gorgeous!! I had a big smile plastered on my face as I looked through it because it turned out so beautifully and was so much fun to look at. We should be receiving more advance copies soon, and then I will be sending you each a copy. (You will get your author copies later when the bulk shipment arrives.) Thanks, Lisa

Still puzzled? The books were printed in Asia and are at his very minute slowly making their way across the Pacific Ocean on a cargo ship. One advance copy was sent to the publisher by airmail.

*** BLOG DU JOUR ***

One thing I haven’t had much time for recently is naps on my porch. So I thought you’d enjoy visiting Between Naps On The Porch, where Susan (a woman who rarely gets a nap) shares great thrifting and decorating ideas. I love her music selections, too.

6 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Barbara,
I was checking my google reader before heading to bed and your new post came up!

I love Emerils Whole Foods show. We watch it all of the time. When will you be on? I want to make sure to see it.

How do I get signed up to get a copy of your book from you, signed?
Hugs,
Penny

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Barbara,

Very cool being on Emerils show, that must have been a really fun and unique experience.

I understand completely about the website....every time I even try to make additions or changes to mine, it always takes much longer then I think it will. Why does life seem to bee like that?? :)

Looking forward to your book.

Ruth

Elyse said...

hi barbara,

you must be getting so excited about seeing YOUR book!

did emeril cook-up anything yummy? were samples involved? i once worked on a crew for the food network (YEARS ago). lots of running to whole foods (then bread and circus) for ingredients. mostly a drag but turned me onto fresh basil!

xo

NeereAnDear said...

Oh Barabara how exciting!!

Not only is your book getting closer and closer to the day we can peruse its pages.... but you got to be on the Emeril show!!!

I love love love all of his shows ... even have several of his cookbooks...

I do hope you had fun...

Looking forward to doing some major reading real soon!!

LOTS OF HUGS

JO

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

WOW! You are one busy and inspired gal!
Thanks for popping by my blog ....As for Kangaroos in our yard,It still is a huge thrill for me!
In Australia many Ozzies have'nt ever seen them up close in Natural surrounds,So i think we are very lucky...
The sound of grazing deer,Would thrill me though:)

The Painted Garden said...

Hi Barbara,

What fun to be on Emerils cooking show. Please let us know when you will be on so we can watch.

I would love to buy a signed copy of your book and look forward to getting more information as to how I can purchase a signed copy.
Happy Memorial Day.
Blessings,
Erin