Thursday, June 4, 2009
It's The Book Blog’s two-year anniversary!
Please have a pastry.
Two years ago on June 3rd:
* Photographer Dan Mayers and I had just signed a book contract from Gibbs Smith for our Waterside Cottage book.
* I had just quit my job.
* My son Fred was entering his senior year at UCLA
One Year ago:
* The book was in production.
* Dan was the father of 5-day old twins.
* I had two other major projects in the works.
* My son Fred had gotten a great job at KAA Design Group in Los Angeles, and
* I was enjoying fresh eggs from my full-grown chickens.
* The book is about to go on sale.
* Dan’s twins have just celebrated their first birthday.
* I am a regular contributor to a variety of Log Home magazines.
* My son Fred was laid off and started his own Design Firm, Freelance Republic.
* I have a brand new web site (which Fred designed).
* A 1923 baby grand piano has taken up residence in a corner of my office.
* I am still enjoying fresh eggs from my chickens.
Enough about me, let’s talk about YOU.
ANNIVERSARY GIVEAWAY: As a little thank you, I will send one lucky reader Ruth Welter's beautiful hand-painted necklace. All you have to do, is leave a comment on this post between now and June 14th (Flag Day).It's my way of saying thank you for your encouragement, creativity and support.
TWO MORE THINGS
1- By special request: Several bloggers have sent me emails asking if they can enter the contest more than once. Sure!
Just link to this post and let me know... and you're entered again.
2- I've also gotten the word that some folks are unable to add their name to the newsletter list on my website (which enters you in my free book giveaway.) Sorry for the inconvenience. It's a technical glitch that is being worked on. It has to do with older servers or something like that.