Thursday, March 4, 2010

PACIFIC DREAMS

I've decided to run away from home! I've had it with galoshes, wool hats and snow shovels.

Suzie Q has the right idea when she commented about escaping to Florida. I want to head somewhere it's 72 and sunny, too.

I feel like Maisy bird in Horton Hatches An Egg...

I'm tired of winter and I'm heading to Southern California. Really!

For those who must stay at home, or already live somewhere warm, I'd like to share a few new coastal decorating products guaranteed to brighten your day.

Coastal Cushions

Get in the swim with hand-hooked squid, octopus, seahorse and crab pillows (see above).

Each one measures 18 inches square and backed in coordinating cotton velvet fabric.

You know you need them! Visit www.madisonavegifts.com


Something Fishy

Don't you hate it when you pick up the wrong margarita?

With these hand blown art glass wine charms it won't happen again.

Imagine how cute the little aqua one would look on your Turquoise dacquiri...or the sunny gold fish on a mimosa...
or a tan one on an iced tea.

Color coordinating drinks opens up all new possibilities! Visit www.americanchateau.com



Knob Knots

Produced in Olde Towne Portsmouth, Virginia by marine artist Joe McNelis, monkey fist knobs add nautical style to any room.

Joe notes that you can paint them to customize your kitchen cabinets or bedroom chest.

Available at www.skipjackmarinegallery.com

5 comments:

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Now I am jealous! Hope you post some pictures so we can enjoy the California sunshine too!

Jane said...

I hate to tell you, Barbara, but it's downright COLD in Florida, today. We'll be lucky to reach 60! This is the first year in 16 years of living here that I have had the heater turned on during the day. Although it's been nice wearing my "winter" clothes, I'm looking forward to my flip flops again!

I know, I know...come July, August, and September, we'll be sweltering in high temps and high humidity...and probably lots of hurricanes. The price of not living in the snowbelt...
Smiles,
Jane (artfully graced)

beachvintage.com said...

Loving the coastal cushions, very fun indeed.

jvw home said...

Thanks Barbara for sharing the resource of the Knob Knots! I'm decorating a client's "Fish Camp" (lakehouse in Mississippi) and I'm hoping we'll use some of these.
I'm also hunting for a resource for buttons like this and also rope trim w/a "lip" (to be sewn onto a shower curtain detail)....any ideas/leads for them??
I'll check out your book ....I adore cottage living on the water and coastal decor.
Have a great weekend,
Jeanette Van Wicklen


www.jvwhome.com
http://jvwhome.blogspot.com

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Barbara, have fun on your trip...I'm betting you are visiting with your son. yes, I'm fed up as well and ready for spring. Enjoy yourself.

Ruth