Today is The Book Blog’s one-year anniversary! Please have a cupcake.
One year ago on June 3rd:
* Photographer Dan Mayers (who shot the sweet treats, above) and I had just signed a book contract from Gibbs Smith for our Cozy Waterside Cottage book.
* I had just quit my job.
* My son Fred was entering his senior year at UCLA, and
* I was waiting for my new baby chicks to arrive.
* The book is in production
* Dan is the father of 5-day old twins.
* I am working on the text for another book with a California designer.
* I am a regular contributor to Log Home Design magazine.
* I have two other major projects in the works
* Fred has gotten a great job at KAA Design Group in Los Angeles, and
* I am enjoying fresh eggs from my full-grown chickens.
Enough about me, let’s talk about YOU.
ANNIVERSARY GIVEAWAY: As a little thank you, I will send one lucky reader a surprise box of tantalizing decorating books. Just leave a comment and you’re entered. One name will be selected randomly on June 18th.
Why June 18th? Last year June 18th was the day, I finished the first chapter of Cozy Waterside Cottages. This year, it will be the day I arrive back home from a trip to the west coast -- with photos of Fred wearing a cap and gown.
It’s been an exciting 365 days. Thank you so much for your encouragement, creativity and support.